In this module, students will learn about the security of public and private Cloud Solution
Providers (CSP), commonly used DevOps tools, attacks, and security tools.
- Cloud as a concept: ecosystem, service providers, managed services, DevOps
- Experiment with IaaS, PaaS, FaaS, (SaaS) and S3 through Amazon Web Services
- AWS security: IAM, role-based access, key management services, Virtual Private Cloud, security groups
- Working with a CASB for visibility and security
- Cloud VPNs, Zero trust solutions and Identity providers
- Using the AWS CLI for deploying cloud configurations Terraform and other IaC: motivation, development life- cycle, security implications
- Common attacks: S3 open buckets, exposed credentials, open ports, shared secrets, missing updates, etc.
- Log analysis using Cloudwatch, CloudTrail and a man-aged
- Cloud log management in SIEM solutions
- Using CloudCustodian for limiting developer accounts and misconfigurations
- Group exercise: Threat hunting in the cloud